“If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.”
I am a registered Masters level Social Worker from the University of Regina with 23 years experience in counselling. I have worked with families, couples, children and youth in Saskatoon.
I believe we all have problems in living in our lives from time to time and I work with clients based on their needs and goals. I'm easy to talk to and will provide you with the comfort and safety that will allow you to share your concerns without any fear of judgment.
We don’t get to choose the cards we are dealt with in life and do the best we can with what we have been given. I have faced many challenges in my own life including single parenthood and mental health concerns which all have helped me grow personally and professionally.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts U of S, Indigenous Studies
- Honours Certificate in Sociology
- 17 years experience in Mental Health & Addiction Services with 8 of those years with Child & Youth, Inpatient Psychiatry
- Acquired Brain Injury Outreach, Youth and Family Support Outreach
My Counselling Approach:
Love working with people and meet them where they are at with a mindset of "curiousity" not "judgement"
My approach is based on various theories as I do not believe in a one size fits all method. Some of the approaches I use in my practice are:
- Family Systems
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy [CBT]
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy [DBT]
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Motivational Interviewing
- & Mindfulness
I enjoy working with adolescents (13 and older) as well as adults, and families. I have experience working with the following concerns:
- Family Counselling
- Eating disorders, body image, self-esteem
- Shame, Self confidence
- Anxiety depression, addiction
- Trauma, PTSD
- Stress, Burnout
- Grief & loss
More about Carol
In my leisure time, I enjoy gardening, quilting, cooking, reading, walking my 3 dogs: Mabel, Cherry and Bess, weight lifting, and spending quality time with my family.